Monday 24 January 2011

Be Inspired: when music and fashion collide


 Last week it was announced that The Strokes' fouth album will finally be released (21st March, remember that date) with the title Angles. You do not realise how happy this makes me and I'm sure fans feel the same way. It's been four years since their last album and the release of the follow-up was suppose to come out last year but, rather annoyingly, kept being put back. Therefore, the fact a date has been confirmed means I can finally relax.

So,I thought now would be a good time to express my love for the band's fashion sence. Call me shallow but I do tend to prefer musicians if they look good- they're just nicer to look at.
The Strokes, ever since they formed in 1998, have supported a look of effortless rock n roll. It's not your glamerous, try hard, get-dressed-up-to-put-on-a-good-show look. As guitarist Nick Valensi has said in the past "Our label has never told us how to dress or anything. We've never changed our look for an album" which tells us they are naturally gifted with style. That's always reassuring to know.
And they were wearing leather jackets, skinny jeans and converse way before it became an over popular trend, so I like to think they are partly responsible for it.

It wasn't just their music music which influenced millions, when they rose up from the depth of New York City, it was their freakin' rad appearance too.
All hail the return of The Strokes!











No comments:

Post a Comment